    My main concern is if I can stop and start individual web services or
    do I have to restart the entire asp.net if one program has an issue?

    thanks

    Tim Smith, May 10, 2004

  2. Tim,
    Always keep in mind that in nature, the web services are stateless; in fact
    one way to persist a "session" between the consumer and the web services is
    writing a database record with a security token that the consumer will use
    each time that invoke your web method.
    So, if you want to interrupt your services invoking web methods, you will
    have to implement this kind (there may be other ways) of state-persistence
    in order to your tasks to work
    Hope this helps!
    -Rodrigo Meneses, Software Architect
    Vedantek

    Rodrigo Meneses, May 10, 2004

  3. You probably want windows services to do this. I've written several that
    send e-mails, run reports, etc.
    Web services are generally used for external communication, and not for
    polling type applications.

    Michael

    Michael Pearson, May 10, 2004