    please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

    Thanks in regards,
    Brijesh

    brijesh, Nov 17, 2004

  2. brijesh

    Anno Siegel Guest

    brijesh <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I want to perform server side redirection. I want that request should
    > be forwarded to another cgi file after some processing. Please if
    > anyone knows , how to do it. drop me a message.

    You are asking the wrong people. This is not a Perl question but
    a question about the capabilities of your web server, and possibly
    about CGI. Ask in a group that concerns itself with these.

    > I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that , so
    > please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

    You should also give a reason why you reject a working solution.
    People won't be inclined to search for an alternative if you don't.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Nov 17, 2004

  3. brijesh wrote:
    > I want to perform server side redirection. I want that request should
    > be forwarded to another cgi file after some processing. Please if
    > anyone knows , how to do it. drop me a message.
    >
    > I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that , so
    > please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

    print "Location: $url\n\n";

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 17, 2004
  4. brijesh <> wrote:

    > I want to perform server side redirection.

    > I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that ,

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Why not?

    If you don't tell us why the standard way won't work for your
    situation, then we cannot suggest a work-around for your situation...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Nov 17, 2004
  5. brijesh

    Joe Smith Guest

    brijesh wrote:

    > I want to perform server side redirection.

    You want the server to send something to the browser to cause
    the browser to go to a different URL, right?

    > I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that

    Unless there is more to the task than what you've posted,
    that method or (its equivalent) is what you have to use.

    Having one CGI post-process another CGI's output is a different topic.
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Nov 17, 2004