Server side redirection

brijesh

Hello all,

I want to perform server side redirection. I want that request should
be forwarded to another cgi file after some processing. Please if
anyone knows , how to do it. drop me a message.

I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that , so
please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

Thanks in regards,
Brijesh

Anno Siegel

brijesh said:
Hello all,

I want to perform server side redirection. I want that request should
be forwarded to another cgi file after some processing. Please if
anyone knows , how to do it. drop me a message.

You are asking the wrong people. This is not a Perl question but
a question about the capabilities of your web server, and possibly
about CGI. Ask in a group that concerns itself with these.
I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that , so
please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

You should also give a reason why you reject a working solution.
People won't be inclined to search for an alternative if you don't.

Anno

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

brijesh said:
I want to perform server side redirection. I want that request should
be forwarded to another cgi file after some processing. Please if
anyone knows , how to do it. drop me a message.

I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that , so
please if anyone know any other method , reply it.

print "Location: $url\n\n";

Tad McClellan

brijesh said:
I want to perform server side redirection.
I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that ,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why not?

If you don't tell us why the standard way won't work for your
situation, then we cannot suggest a work-around for your situation...

Joe Smith

brijesh said:
I want to perform server side redirection.

You want the server to send something to the browser to cause
the browser to go to a different URL, right?
I know "print redirect($url)" method.. But i dont want that

Unless there is more to the task than what you've posted,
that method or (its equivalent) is what you have to use.

Having one CGI post-process another CGI's output is a different topic.
-Joe