Server.transfer and user control

Guest

I have an ascx user control where I user response.redirect to redirect to
another page. The problem is that when I arrive at the destination page, the
url from the calling page is still in the address bar of the browser.

My code is
Dim urlstring As String = "AddPage.aspx?FName=" + Name
Try
Server.Transfer(urlstring, False)
Catch ex As Exception
Response.Write(ex.Message)
Finally
urlstring = Nothing
Me.Page = Nothing

End Try

How do I get the source page to relinquish the destination page. My code on
the destination page doesn't execute because the soure url is still present .
Thanks