server variables with international (accented) characters

Guest

Hi,

I encountered some unexpected behavior in ASP.NET application running on
framework v1.1 and I’m trying to understand if it’s some sort of a
configuration issue or a known ASP.NET problem.

Server variable coming with an HTTP request seems to get stripped of all
international (accented) characters. Does anybody remember seeing any reports
on this or similar issues?

I tested the same server variable with another non-.NET ISAPI application
and it seems to have no problems at all. That leads me to believe that these
accented characters get stripped in ASP.NET when server variable string is
marshaled from unmanaged to managed code.

Thank you,
MKouts