Session State Problem (ASP.NET 2.0)

jeff_m

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a combination of these elements: the
Session state, a Repeater control, a TreeView control, and a button.

Here's the process:

- User logs in (loginid stored in session state)
- User presses a button (to delete a node from the TreeView)
- I re-bind the TreeView and the Repeater to reflect changes made by
deletion of the node
- Perform *any* other action
- (Note: after each step except the last I have verified that the
session state remains intact)

At this point, the variables stored in the session state 'go away'-
they truly do not exist after this, as evidenced by logging all
accesses to the session. I have also turned on tracing to verify this-
it shows that the session state is empty.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be going on here? Any help
is much appreciated.

TIA,
Jeff

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

and you don't modify any folders or files in content directories while this
happens? Such could cause AppDomain to restart and if you use InProc
session, it would be lost. Check that and try switching to StateServer etc

For the reference: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1311015.aspx

rasdanATgmailDOTcom

This was exactly the problem we were experiencing. Different behavior
than 1.1. Thanks so much for the reference. We have read the Microsoft
Blog post and it makes sense. We were deleting a folder (which
represented a node on the treeview).

Much appreciated.

James