    redirects to a menu page. The menu page checks the Session variables, can't
    find them, and asks the user to log in again - the second login is successful.

    Has anyone seen this before, and do you know what I should do about it?
    Paul H, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    Problem solved!

    I changed the Redirect call to 'Response.Redirect("menupage.aspx",false)',
    and got rid of a pesky Session.Clear() in the HTML for the page, and the
    problem sorted itself out.

    :)
    Paul H, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Paul H wrote:
    > Problem solved!
    >
    > I changed the Redirect call to
    > 'Response.Redirect("menupage.aspx",false)', and got rid of a pesky
    > Session.Clear() in the HTML for the page, and the problem sorted
    > itself out.
    >
    > :)

    I'm happy to hear you sorted it out. However, I noticed you wrote ".aspx".
    There was no way for you to know it but this is a "classic" asp group. The
    ..Net groups all have "dotnet" in their names. For future reference, the
    ASP.Net group is microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 8, 2005