Setting permissions for aspnet user

Maximus

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can programatically set modify permissions on a
folder for the aspnet user.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Muckey

I would think that this would be impossible to do from an asp.net page that
couldn't all ready access the folder.

Imagine what your inbox would look like if pages on the web could give
themselves permissions to objects on your system they are not supposed to
access. Kinda mutes the whole point of security, no?

However if you are working on an intranet and had the page impersonate an
administrator, you "might" be able to set permissions for other, lesser
priveleged accounts.

Maximus

Hi Muckey,

I do understand that wont be able to that through asp.net page.
I am sorry that I did not mention that I was looking to change the
permission through an application installed on my machine. Through the
application I create a folder for which I want to grant modify
permission for aspnet user and then I would copy all the aspx pages in
that folder.

Is there any way I can do that. Any help will be apprecited.

Thanks.