    folder for the aspnet user.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Maximus, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Maximus

    Muckey Guest

    I would think that this would be impossible to do from an asp.net page that
    couldn't all ready access the folder.

    Imagine what your inbox would look like if pages on the web could give
    themselves permissions to objects on your system they are not supposed to
    access. Kinda mutes the whole point of security, no?

    However if you are working on an intranet and had the page impersonate an
    administrator, you "might" be able to set permissions for other, lesser
    priveleged accounts.

    Muckey, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Maximus

    Maximus Guest

    Hi Muckey,

    I do understand that wont be able to that through asp.net page.
    I am sorry that I did not mention that I was looking to change the
    permission through an application installed on my machine. Through the
    application I create a folder for which I want to grant modify
    permission for aspnet user and then I would copy all the aspx pages in
    that folder.

    Is there any way I can do that. Any help will be apprecited.

    Thanks.

    Maximus, Feb 18, 2004