setting permissions to a file from linux.

gaurav kashyap

Hi all,
I have a text file in a directory on unix system.
Using a python program i want to change that file's permissions.
How could this be done.

Thanks

Chris

Hi all,
I have a text file in a directory on unix system.
Using a python program i want to change that file's permissions.
How could this be done.

Thanks

help(os.chmod)
Help on built-in function chmod in module nt:

chmod(...)
chmod(path, mode)

Change the access permissions of a file.

or

os.system('chmod 775 /path/to/filename')