Setting Target directory for Web application Deployment

Poggs

I am creating a Web Setup Project and wanted to use the Program Files folder
for the target location of the Application files. How do I do that in Visual
Studio 2005 Setup project.

Guest

Poggs,

I am not sure why would you want to install Web application under Program
Files, but I think you should be able to do that with the following steps:
- In File System Editor of your setup project:
- remove all folders that you do not use
- add "Special Folder->Program Files Folder", then add "Web Custom Folder"
to that and then add primary output of your project there. Ensure that
Property of this folder is set to TARGETDIR.
- In User Interface Editor of your setup project:
- remove Installation Address dialog - this way you can ensure that users
will not modify the destination location
- create the setup project