Setting up security using ASP.NET Config Tool

Josh Nikle

I'm in the process of building my first C#.NET web app, and I'm having
a tough time with setting the securities up on it. I used the ASP.NET
Configuration Tool and created an admin user in an Administrators group
without any problem, and as far as the login page, I used an ASP.NET
login control.

However, I'm unable to log into my site. I get an error telling me my
login attempt failed. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to
how to troubleshoot this? I wish I had more info for you, but I'm not
sure what else one would need to know nor how to get it. New to VS
too. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Josh Nikle

Josh Nikle

i'm also having trouble with writing to this database. permissions
errors. is it possible i have a bad sql install or something? i'm not
sure of the relationship between the two; the database just appeared.
any help on this is greatly appreciated.

-josh nikle