Share Class Library between Service and Consumer

Mike Lynch

I want to share a class library between a web service and it's consumer (another web service). When I run the consumer I get a conversion error saying one class is not derived from the other

How can I overcome this

Simplified pseudo code is shown belo

Service
imports myClassLibrar

<web Method> public function method1(param as string) as myClassLibrary.Class
Dim r1 as myClassLibrary.Class
'do some processin

Return r
End Functio

End Service

Service
imports myClassLibrar

<web Method> public function method2(param as string) as myClassLibrary.Class
Dim r2 As New myClassLibrary.Class

r2.Name = "Test
r2.Obj = Service1.method1("A String"

Return r
End Functio

End Service

myClassLibrar

Public Class Class

End Clas

Public Class Class
Public Name as Strin
Public obj As Class
End Clas

End myClassLibrary

Jan Tielens

In your client project there are proxy classes generated when you add a web
reference to it. So you can't use your originating class client side, this
is default web services behavior.

--
Greetz,
Jan

Mike Lynch said:
I want to share a class library between a web service and it's consumer
(another web service). When I run the consumer I get a conversion error
saying one class is not derived from the other.

Mike Lynch

That worked a treat Andrew

Thanks for your hel

Mik

----- Andrew Hopper wrote: ----

Hello, Mike

Please see my blog entry regarding using "shared types" assemblies
http://dotnetified.com/CommentView.aspx?guid=abaf08b3-1abd-4dae-be05-23b733ff3c5

Hope this helps
-Andy Hoppe