Shared Components

Guest

I've created web components (.DLLs) for web application. When I create the
main interface for web application, ex: <web app name.dll>, I install this in
folder on web server, i.e., c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\<web app name>\bin\.

I'd like the componets to be reuseable by other web apps but saved only once
on web server in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin directorate - NOT in same bin folder
as each specific <web app name>.

Problem I'm having is when I create the main DLL for web app, it's looking
for components ALWAYS in <web app name>\bin - I'd prefer to reference these
common components (that can be used by any web app) from the
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin directorate. What must I do to accomplish this?

Guest

I have a deployment project within my Visual Studio.NET solution for my web
app. How do I have the .DLLs added to GAC from within this installer
project. Is this possible?

Guest

Actually, I did research and figured out how to do this. Your technical
article was great starting point - after reviewing this information, I did
get this to work for the local machine. I created strong name keys and GAC
now is perfect for 4 components.

Thanks always!