sharepoint and asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Bilderbach, May 28, 2005.

  1. Bilderbach

    Bilderbach Guest

    we loaded sharepoint on our web server and all the machine/web.config
    settings are conflicting with the few aps.net apps we have.

    we told sharepoint to exclude the folders we have asp.net apps in, and have
    been able to get around most issues with setting up web.configs in the
    application directory.

    had one that would not run unless I added a virtual directory so it would
    ignore the main web.config all together because something was conflicting.
    the error was:

    in IIS.

    Is this the recommended way to work together with sharepoint, setup a
    virtual dir to bypass the sharepoint settings?

    the problem i ran into with this theory is we am using freetext and had to
    make another bin directory under the virtual dir so it could see it the
    freetext...so I have to add a bin to every app, is there a way to reference
    the main one with getting all the web.config settings?

    I guess I am most interested in a good place to get the right way to config
    sharepoint and asp.net applications to work well together, best pactices
    others have found that works, we are just getting started with sharepoint and
    its seems to be quite an animal.

    Thanks,
    -R
    Bilderbach, May 28, 2005