sharing perl scripts over domains

asdfq213rr23we

Hi

Im running a website with perl and linux redhat on a vps with root
access. I have three different domains tied to this and wants to fiend
a good way of sharing the scripts and libraries (images etc) across the
domains.

Ex:
www.domain1.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi
and
www.domain2.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi

script cgi is physically only stored in one place but pointed to in
both above examples..

Any suggestions appreciated..

Tad McClellan

wants to fiend
a good way of sharing the scripts and libraries

That sounds ominous. Heh.

If script.cgi was written in C or Python or Visual Basic, you
would solve the problem the same way.

Your choice of programming language is irrelevant to solving
the problem you describe.

Any suggestions appreciated..

Ask in a more appropriate newsgroup such as:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix

Gregory Toomey

Hi

Im running a website with perl and linux redhat on a vps with root
access. I have three different domains tied to this and wants to fiend
a good way of sharing the scripts and libraries (images etc) across the
domains.

Ex:
www.domain1.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi
and
www.domain2.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi

script cgi is physically only stored in one place but pointed to in
both above examples..

Any suggestions appreciated..

This question should be in alt.apache.configuration.

Use DocumentRoot & Serveralias in the Apache httpd.conf file.
A live example:

<VirtualHost 64.5.53.79>
ServerName www.forum.float.com.au
ServerAlias forum.float.com.au
ServerAlias forum.ipo-australia.com
ServerAlias www.forum.ipo-australia.com
ServerAlias www.ausinvestor.com
ServerAlias ausinvestor.com
Options +Indexes
ServerAdmin (e-mail address removed)
DocumentRoot /home/ausXXXX/www
</VirtualHost>

gtoomey

asdfq213rr23we

If I wanted to use the symbolic link solution, how would that be
carried out to make the domain2's cgi-bin dir be a virtual mirror of
the domain1's cgi-bin? Thanks !

Anno Siegel

Give an attribution and quote some context when you reply.
If I wanted to use the symbolic link solution, how would that be
carried out to make the domain2's cgi-bin dir be a virtual mirror of
the domain1's cgi-bin? Thanks !

That's off topic, and you have been told so. Why do you insist in
discussing this in clpm?

Anno

asdfq213rr23we

I tried this:

in the shell I went to /home/httpd/vhosts/domain2 and entered:

ln -s /home/httpd/vhosts/domain1

thinking this would create a mirror of anything under domain1

Didnt succeed..

Anno Siegel

I tried this:

in the shell I went to /home/httpd/vhosts/domain2 and entered:

ln -s /home/httpd/vhosts/domain1

thinking this would create a mirror of anything under domain1

Then read the man page of "ln" instead of posting to an inappropriate
newsgroup. Stop it already!

Anno

Jürgen Exner

ln -s /home/httpd/vhosts/domain1 [...]
Didnt succeed..

Well, no big surprise there:

C:\tmp>perldoc -f ln
No documentation for perl function `ln' found

Obviously perl has no idea about some "ln" function.

jue