Sharing sessions across virtual directories/projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stu Lock, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Stu Lock

    Stu Lock Guest

    Hi,

    I am setting a session in one directory ('/admin/login.aspx'). The project
    for this folder is runnig in the root directory of the server.

    I am then redirecting to to a virtual directory (/crm/default.aspx) which is
    running a self contained project (separate bin folder etc.)

    On the login page I am setting a session variable: 'Session("Login") =
    True'. When I try and read this session from the /crm/ virtual directory it
    doesn't exist.

    Is there any (reasonably secure) way of passing the session information from
    one project to the other?

    BTW: I am currently using the same SQL Server to handle sessions.

    Thanks in advance,

    Stu

    Stu Lock, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Hi,

    You could try to use an intermedium page with hidden fields to pass the
    session between application.

    Very poor way I know, but it works

    HTH,
    Stefano Mostarda MCP