Short term contract work (1M) for indian internet programmers

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Alex Varghese, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Short term contract work(1 M) for indian internet programmers
    Project #1N 102003
    Company: Tata cons(leading company in the placement arena for the last
    1 year)

    Goal: Develop an internet based application in windows 98/2000/XP
    platforms

    Language: Any applicable

    Guaranteed Remuneration: Rs.100/- to 3500/- in several knock out
    stages

    Please note:
    You will be assigned a one day task(To program a small part or
    so). Your selection will be based on your performance in this
    assignment. Once you are selected you are guaranteed that you get
    money starting from a mere Rs.100/- to a maximum of Rs.3500/-
    according to the stage at which you drop your work or are rejected by
    us. You will be rewarded Rs.3500/- if you are able to complete the
    work fully.
    Candidate passing the test will also be eligible for future job
    opportunities , referrals, and other programming assignments directly
    without the tests*.

    Instructions:
    To get your 1 day task, write your detailed biodata including
    contact Phone and address(without which application will be
    rejected)and a short note about how you would like to do the job and
    email to

    Email:
    *subject to availability

    Alex Varghese, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Alex Varghese

    RGonzalez Guest

    Lets see:

    1 rupees = .0221 cents, so this translates to $2.21/hr for 100 rupees. At
    the end they'll get $77.

    There's no way U.S. programmers can compete with this.

    I've already told my wife to pack the bags, we're moving to Mumbai (Bombay)!

    RGonzalez, Oct 11, 2003

  3. On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:49:44 GMT, RGonzalez hath writ:
    > Lets see:
    >
    > 1 rupees = .0221 cents, so this translates to $2.21/hr for 100 rupees. At
    > the end they'll get $77.
    > There's no way U.S. programmers can compete with this.
    > I've already told my wife to pack the bags, we're moving to Mumbai (Bombay)!

    Well, I'm not moving to India -- but, I may have to move into a
    (shipped-from-China) packing crate under an overpass in Phoenix...

    sigh...

    Allodoxaphobia, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Alex Varghese

    jce Guest

    "Allodoxaphobia" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:49:44 GMT, RGonzalez hath writ:
    > > Lets see:
    > >
    > > 1 rupees = .0221 cents, so this translates to $2.21/hr for 100 rupees.

    At
    > > the end they'll get $77.
    > > There's no way U.S. programmers can compete with this.
    > > I've already told my wife to pack the bags, we're moving to Mumbai

    (Bombay)!

    > Well, I'm not moving to India -- but, I may have to move into a
    > (shipped-from-China) packing crate under an overpass in Phoenix...
    >
    > sigh...

    Remember the George W Bush - small business tour he did about 8 months ago
    to promote USA jobs and small business growth?

    He stood in front of backdrop made to look like a series of crates....in
    front of him were real crates intended to complete the illusion...on those
    crates was black tape.....

    The black tape's purpose ? It covered "Made in China".

    True story. Jon Stewart told me so.

    JCE

    jce, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Alex Varghese

    JJ Guest

    So the US started importing lots of stuff made in China only over the last
    2 or 3 years since Bush has been President?

    JJ, Oct 12, 2003
  6. Alex Varghese

    jce Guest

    "JJ" <> in an a manner even more anonymous way than I, and in a
    republicantastic tone queried:
    > So the US started importing lots of stuff made in China only over the last
    > 2 or 3 years since Bush has been President?

    Going out on a limb and without doing research. No.

    However, George Bush did in fact stand in front of fake crates. Had you
    asked about that, the question would have been relevant.

    Now whether he started importing scenery for his speeches from China - and
    whether that constitutes "lots of stuff" - is quite possibly not worth
    debating.

    Not being politically affiliated in any way, I am not sure who was the
    presiding president when imports of crates from China first occurred. I
    would guess it was the first one who had a yearning for Moo Goo Gai Pan and
    needed some tins of bean shoots.

    JCE

    jce, Oct 12, 2003