    Hi, what do you think about moving to asp.net? All the code must be
    rewritten! asp.net a lot more faster than asp ? is it only advantage?

    Thanks!

    Paulo, Jan 4, 2008

  2. "Paulo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, what do you think about moving to asp.net? All the code must be
    > rewritten! asp.net a lot more faster than asp ? is it only advantage?

    I could give you a list of the pros and cons but frankly if you have the
    opportunity you should just do it.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 4, 2008

  3. Paulo

    Mike Guest

    I would migrate all of your ASP apps to .NET. It'll benefit you in the long
    run. Here are some benefits of going to .NET

    http://colorado.verio.net/support/documents/view_article.cfm?doc_id=3726

    I would do a 'slow' migration though, meaning, take an existing app (of
    course) and slowing migrate it over to .NET. The syntax will not be the same
    so there may be a learning curve. That's one of the cons. You can find a
    list of pros and cons online about migrating from ASP to .NET

    personally, I say migrate to .NET as soon as you can

    Mike, Jan 4, 2008
  4. Paulo

    Mike Guest

    ""If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - I agree with that as well, even though
    I suggest he migrate to .NET, I would say, keep your ASP apps as they are,
    take an existing ASP web app and convert that over to .NET, that way he can
    see the differences in ASP and .NET and he'll be learning .NET as well.

    If he has 100 ASP web sites, then I say keep them as ASP and start doing all
    'new sites' in .NET, but I would still migrate 1 or 2 of the ASP sites to
    ..NET. This way he can see how .NET works with db connections, showing data,
    syntax, etc.

    Mike, Jan 4, 2008
  5. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    What the word "ain't" mean?

    Thanks to all!

    Paulo, Jan 4, 2008
  6. Paulo

    Mike Guest

    "if its not broke, don't fix it"

    Mike, Jan 4, 2008
  7. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Thanks Jon and everyone! I am from Brasil and my english is not so good as
    yours! but i am trying to learn!

    thansk again and have a good year 2008!

    "Jon Paal [MSMD]" <Jon nospam Paal @ everywhere dot com> escreveu na
    mensagem news:...