Should move to .net?

Paulo

Hi, what do you think about moving to asp.net? All the code must be
rewritten! asp.net a lot more faster than asp ? is it only advantage?

Thanks!

Anthony Jones

Paulo said:
Hi, what do you think about moving to asp.net? All the code must be
rewritten! asp.net a lot more faster than asp ? is it only advantage?

I could give you a list of the pros and cons but frankly if you have the
opportunity you should just do it.

Mike

I would migrate all of your ASP apps to .NET. It'll benefit you in the long
run. Here are some benefits of going to .NET

http://colorado.verio.net/support/documents/view_article.cfm?doc_id=3726

I would do a 'slow' migration though, meaning, take an existing app (of
course) and slowing migrate it over to .NET. The syntax will not be the same
so there may be a learning curve. That's one of the cons. You can find a
list of pros and cons online about migrating from ASP to .NET

personally, I say migrate to .NET as soon as you can

Mike

""If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - I agree with that as well, even though
I suggest he migrate to .NET, I would say, keep your ASP apps as they are,
take an existing ASP web app and convert that over to .NET, that way he can
see the differences in ASP and .NET and he'll be learning .NET as well.

If he has 100 ASP web sites, then I say keep them as ASP and start doing all
'new sites' in .NET, but I would still migrate 1 or 2 of the ASP sites to
..NET. This way he can see how .NET works with db connections, showing data,
syntax, etc.

Paulo

What the word "ain't" mean?

Thanks to all!

Mike said:
""If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - I agree with that as well, even
though I suggest he migrate to .NET, I would say, keep your ASP apps as
they are, take an existing ASP web app and convert that over to .NET, that
way he can see the differences in ASP and .NET and he'll be learning .NET
as well.

If he has 100 ASP web sites, then I say keep them as ASP and start doing
all 'new sites' in .NET, but I would still migrate 1 or 2 of the ASP sites
to .NET. This way he can see how .NET works with db connections, showing
data, syntax, etc.

Paulo

Thanks Jon and everyone! I am from Brasil and my english is not so good as
yours! but i am trying to learn!

thansk again and have a good year 2008!