Showing master-details in datagrid.

archana_kolambe

Hi all,

I want to display master details tables in datagrid. In MSDN example is
given for displaying two tables in datagrid in windows forms. I want
expand-collapse facility to be there in datagrid.

Windows forms datagrid directly provides this functionality.

But i don't how to do same thing in asp.met.

And i want to use datarelation in my aspx page to associate master and
details tables.

Can someone tell me how to do this in aspx page.

Any help will be truely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Elton Wang

Hi there,

Web datagrid has no automatically mater-detail functionality that windows
datagrid has, even you add relation in a dataset. You should implement that
yourself. You can use nested datagrid to show detail contents. And better
way is to use DataList (or Repeater) + nested datagrid, so it has better
layout.

HTH