    too much of a problem, provide a copy here?

    Many thanks in advance
    Dean

    Curious, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Curious wrote:
    > Obviously my google-fu is very weak and I can't find a simple sample
    > code for C++ that allows me to simply download the source of a
    > specified web page.

    There can be no such thing. C++ does not have any networking built in,
    so you'd have to use OS-specific means anyway. Yes, the program would
    be written in C++, but the functionality cannot be expressed using
    only Standard C++ terms. That makes web access off-topic here.

    > [...]
    > So can anyone recommend a good URL for the sample code, or if its not
    > too much of a problem, provide a copy here?

    Ask in one of comp.infosystems.www.* newsgroups on in a newsgroup for
    your OS/platform.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 30, 2004