simple script to read and parse mailbox

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chuck Amadi, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Chuck Amadi

    Chuck Amadi Guest

    Hi again when I try /home/testwwws/Mail/work Mail folder I get the following error

    sevenofnine:/data/tmp/pythonScriptMail # python getSurveyMail.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "getSurveyMail.py", line 34, in ?
    fp = open("/home/testwwws/Mail/work")
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/testwwws/Mail/work'
    sevenofnine:/data/tmp/pythonScriptMail #

    When I run the script as testwwws

    sevenofnine:[pythonScriptMail] % python getSurveyMail.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "getSurveyMail.py", line 34, in ?
    fp = open("/home/testwwws/Mail/work")
    IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory
    sevenofnine:[pythonScriptMail] %

    So what am I missing as I assumed that /var/spool/Mail/testwwws would generate all the email messages but I only need whats in the work Mail folder created using procmailrc .

    Cheers

    Chuck

    Chuck Amadi, Jun 7, 2004