simple script to read and parse mailbox

Chuck Amadi

Hi again when I try /home/testwwws/Mail/work Mail folder I get the following error

sevenofnine:/data/tmp/pythonScriptMail # python getSurveyMail.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "getSurveyMail.py", line 34, in ?
fp = open("/home/testwwws/Mail/work")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/testwwws/Mail/work'
sevenofnine:/data/tmp/pythonScriptMail #

When I run the script as testwwws

sevenofnine:[pythonScriptMail] % python getSurveyMail.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "getSurveyMail.py", line 34, in ?
fp = open("/home/testwwws/Mail/work")
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory
sevenofnine:[pythonScriptMail] %

So what am I missing as I assumed that /var/spool/Mail/testwwws would generate all the email messages but I only need whats in the work Mail folder created using procmailrc .

Cheers

Chuck