    fabric because leather is there.)

    Thanks for the help guys!
    , Mar 13, 2007

    After thinking about this for a little while, I figured I should
    explain what this solution is really going to be used for. The xml
    elements I am trying to restrict are 3 against 1. For example, if one
    certain element is a child of the Car "mine" , there are three other
    elements that cannot be.

    At first I thought that choice could be made between each element and
    the restrictive one. But then, what if I have three choices for that
    same restrictive element?

    Is there some way a choice could be made between groups?
    , Mar 13, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Is there some way a choice could be made between groups?

    I believe the simplest answer is to make the choice between one element
    and another which contains one or more of the group you're trying to
    restrict. Or to make the choice at a higher level, so you have different
    content models for the two groups.

    Or, impose the restriction in the application rather than in the schema.
    Schemas aren't intended to handle every possible content interaction,
    and should be considered a first-cut description of a meaningful
    document, NOT necessarily a complete guarantee thereof.

    Joseph Kesselman, Mar 13, 2007