    Thanks for any ideas!!
    Liam
    druid att celticbear dott com

    LRW, Dec 11, 2003

  2. LRW wrote:
    > Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone
    > make a site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design? Before the
    > site is made? I used Visio in my last job, and it was great!
    > Unfortunately I don't work there anymore and don't have access to it.
    > Dreamweaver has a good visual rep of a site flowchart...but it's
    > based off of the created site.
    > I need something to help me make a visual representation of the pages
    > and their link to each other and a database, etc, to show clients.
    >
    > I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything
    > by hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web
    > symbols and such.

    As you say, Visio is good for this. Alternatively, ms-powerpoint and
    ms-word are both good with block diagrams.

    There is usually something given away on the cd attched to the PC comics -
    IIRC it's called smartdraw or somesuch.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Dec 11, 2003

  3. LRW

    Long Guest

    :
    : I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything by
    : hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web symbols and
    : such.
    :
    For creating quick live demos, I would recommend WebCharm Free, but
    the licensing is for non-commercial use only.

    Long
    www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

    Long, Dec 11, 2003
  4. LRW

    Ian Miller Guest

    LRW wrote:
    > Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone make a
    > site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design? Before the site is made?
    > I used Visio in my last job, and it was great! Unfortunately I don't work
    > there anymore and don't have access to it.
    > Dreamweaver has a good visual rep of a site flowchart...but it's based off
    > of the created site.
    > I need something to help me make a visual representation of the pages and
    > their link to each other and a database, etc, to show clients.
    >
    > I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything by
    > hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web symbols and
    > such.
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas!!
    > Liam
    > druid att celticbear dott com

    The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and it's
    free!

    Ian M

    Ian Miller, Dec 11, 2003
  5. LRW

    LRW Guest

    "Ian Miller" <> wrote in message
    > The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and

    it's
    > free!

    Excellent! thanks a lot, I completely forgot about OpenOffice!
    =)
    Liam

    LRW, Dec 11, 2003
  6. LRW

    LRW Guest

    "Ian Miller" <> wrote in message

    > The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and

    it's
    > free!

    I was wondering, since you seem familiar with it...is there an add-on symbol
    set somewhere meant for site design? Basic flowcharting symbols maybe? Like
    the cylndrical icon for a database, a rectangle with something in the middle
    to indicate a page...all stuff I can draw myself, but was hoping there was
    already a symbol set. =)
    Doesn't hurt to ask.
    Thanks!
    Liam

    LRW, Dec 11, 2003
  7. LRW

    Ian Guest

    I'm actually going through a site redesign right now and just today
    started mapping out the new site structure. I too needed something and
    not having Visio, almost started in with Corel DRAW!

    Then I came to reality and remembered an excellent piece of software I
    remember using way back in 97... SmartDraw Pro. I downloaded the demo
    and am in love again!

    http://www.smartdraw.com

    It has a 30 day free trial with full functionality.. the real product is
    worth every penny.

    Good luck,
    Ian

    Ian, Dec 12, 2003
  8. LRW

    LRW Guest

    "Ian" <> wrote in message
    > Then I came to reality and remembered an excellent piece of software I
    > remember using way back in 97... SmartDraw Pro. I downloaded the demo
    > and am in love again!
    >
    > http://www.smartdraw.com

    Thanks for the tip!!

    LRW, Dec 12, 2003