Sitemap works but my drop downs from asp:Menu are blank

Cal Who

My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles.

However my site map works ok.

Do you know what might cause that?

Thanks

Guest

My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles.

However my site map works ok.

Do you know what might cause that?

Thanks

Give an example of the code, please.

Cal Who

My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles.

However my site map works ok.

Do you know what might cause that?

Thanks

Give an example of the code, please.

That would be a lot of text.

But anyway, The problem went away by itself.

Thanks for replying

Guest

Give an example of the code, please.

That would be a lot of text.

But anyway, The problem went away by itself.

Thanks for replying

Great. I think it was something with an encoding.

Cal Who

Cal Who said:
My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles.

However my site map works ok.

Do you know what might cause that?

Thanks
I thought the problem when away but that was because it doesn't happen in FF
only in IE8 and I started to us FF.

In fact, in IE8 I opened the developer tool and changed to Quirks mode or
IE7 and it works OK.

Do you have a suggestion as to what I should do?

The menu code follows.

<asp:Menu runat="server" ID="MainMenuTop" StaticDisplayLevels="2"
DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1"

Orientation="Horizontal" StaticMenuItemStyle-Font-Names="verdana, arial,
helvetica, sans-serif"

StaticEnableDefaultPopOutImage="false" StaticMenuItemStyle-CssClass="alink"

StaticHoverStyle-CssClass="ahover" StaticSelectedStyle-CssClass="avisited"

StaticSubMenuIndent="0px"

DynamicMenuItemStyle-Font-Names="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"

DynamicEnableDefaultPopOutImage="false"
DynamicMenuItemStyle-CssClass="alink"

DynamicHoverStyle-CssClass="ahover"
DynamicSelectedStyle-CssClass="avisited">

<StaticMenuItemStyle ItemSpacing="6px" />

<DynamicMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="2px" VerticalPadding="6px" />

<StaticMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="2px" VerticalPadding="8px" />

</asp:Menu>

Thanks

Cal Who

Cal Who said:
[...]

I found one way. That is to put IE into IE7 mode

Guest

Cal Who

message

I found one way. That is to put IE into IE7 mode
text -

Okay, I think I got it now. I've been confused by your first post and
thought that it might be something different. ASP Menu has some known
issues, please look in to the following post
http://blogs.msdn.com/giorgio/archive/2009/02/01/asp-net-menu-and-ie8-rendering-white-issue.aspx
and see if it will help you.
======
I had already found and used the meta solution but it meant running IE* as
IE7
Your site shows a much better solution using css and I moved to that.

Thanks

Guest

Okay, I think I got it now. I've been confused by your first post and
thought that it might be something different. ASP Menu has some known
issues, please look in to the following posthttp://blogs.msdn.com/giorgio/archive/2009/02/01/asp-net-menu-and-ie8...
and see if it will help you.
======
I had already found and used the meta solution but it meant running IE* as
IE7
Your site shows a much better solution using css and I moved to that.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Glad that it helped. The problem is that by default IE8 (unlike all
the previous ones) is following CSS standards. Specifically,
(element).currentStyle.zIndex returns "auto" in Standard mode when
zindex has not been set. The ASP.NET Menu control assumes a different
value and that's why it failed. It either necessary to use the X-UA-
Compatible header or META tag with ASP.NET pages that use this
control, or you may also apply the following hotfix

FIX: The pop-out menus are not displayed when you use Internet
Explorer 8.0 in Standards mode to view an ASP.NET Web page that has
dynamic menus
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962351