Smart Card Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?bm9vZGxlcw==?=, May 14, 2004.

  1. I have a ASP.Net application, and I want to authenticate the user against a smart card. Can anyone help me out? Sample code would be great, but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be cool too

    Thank
    =?Utf-8?B?bm9vZGxlcw==?=, May 14, 2004

  2. Generally Smart Cards are used as your logon method to Windows.
    Then you'd just use standard windows authentication for your ASP.NET
    application.
    Here's more info on that:
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxtreme/webapps/aspnetauthentication.aspx

    If you want to get any fancier than that, you'll need an ActiveX control or
    a thick client of some kind to be able to talk directly to the smart card
    reader.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP