SMTP problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeremy, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    I keep getting this message when I try to send mail with SmtpMail:

    "The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code
    was 0x800ccc64. The server response was 502 Unknown command"

    When I look in the mail server's log, the last thing it processes is the
    command "SATA", then it 502's.

    When I run the app locally, on my development machine, with a different SMTP
    server, all is well. The server is Windows2000, all the latest updates. The
    mail server is ArGoSoft, which has authentication enabled, but the WebServer
    IP address is trusted.

    Oh, one other bit of wierdness, when I use the same SMTP server as on my dev
    machine, it gets the same error, but specifically states, "502: command SATA
    unknown", the web server and my dev machine are both on the same network
    (RR), so I expected this to work.

    Any help would be great...

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Feb 23, 2004