SMTP problem

Jeremy

I keep getting this message when I try to send mail with SmtpMail:

"The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code
was 0x800ccc64. The server response was 502 Unknown command"

When I look in the mail server's log, the last thing it processes is the
command "SATA", then it 502's.

When I run the app locally, on my development machine, with a different SMTP
server, all is well. The server is Windows2000, all the latest updates. The
mail server is ArGoSoft, which has authentication enabled, but the WebServer
IP address is trusted.

Oh, one other bit of wierdness, when I use the same SMTP server as on my dev
machine, it gets the same error, but specifically states, "502: command SATA
unknown", the web server and my dev machine are both on the same network
(RR), so I expected this to work.

Any help would be great...

Jeremy