SMTP Problem

Jeremy

I posted a message recently about an SmtpMail issue I was having (SmtpMail
causes the server to have a 502 response: Unknown Command 'SATA'). Since
then, I have tried 3 different SMTP components, and even written my own.

When sending mail from an EXE, everything works fine, but from ASP.NET, the
DATA command (which indicates the body of the message) gets corrupted, and
converted to SATA. I have confirmed this with a packet sniffer and an
internal log.

And to add another twist into the plot, my development box has no troubles,
it is only on the production server.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Jeremy

Jeremy

No. I have found a work-around though, I have turned on the SMTP relay on
the web server and changed my server name to nothing, which for some reason
actually works, and denied access to it from all computers except the
server.

I still have no idea why .NET is corrupting the data...
'tis B.S.

Alvin Bruney said:
Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]