SMTP

Grant

I am having a problem with sending mail via system.web.mail. When I send the
file shows up in the queue folder so something is not letting it go, any
idea? No runtime error comes up or anything. I suspect it is the firewall so
what should I tell them?

Here are the codes that I am using

Dim message As New MailMessage()
With message
..BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html
..To = RecipientList
..Cc = MessageFrom
..Subject = MessageSubject
..From = MessageFrom
..Body = MessageBody
End With
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"
SmtpMail.Send(message)

Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net

I would suspect the firewall is not allowing the traffic out port 25, but it
also could be other things. Check the event log for SMTP entries, that might
help. Also if the SMTP is not able to get to a DNS server to resolve the MX
of the destination domain, then it will also not function. Send a message to
the mail server inside the firewall and see if that goes
= Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
= 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
= (803)-345-5001
= If you are not making any mistakes
..= ..you are not trying hard enough.