SmtpMail problem

Guest

I'm running a Windows XP pro box - upgraded (i think) from 2k. When I try to
send a new mail message from asp.net using SmtpMail, I get the following
exception:

COM object with CLSID {CD000001-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D} is either not
valid or not registered.

I have not checked to validate whether or not CDOSYS.dll is on the machine
(it's not a machine I control), but my suspicion is that either either the
dll is not on the machine (or one of its dependencies), or the COM
registration is still pointing to CDONTS from pre-OS-upgrade.

Any thoughts??

TIA,

_howard

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

Do you have access to the mmc of iis - a smtpserver is not there is my
guess.
You need to install the SMTP svc by using the Add/Remove Windows Components
then.

Guest

i have looked at the mmc add-in and it shows that the virtual smtp server
does exist.

_howard