SOAP question

Tristan

Hi,

I have a question:
Is it serious to let a client permanently do requests to a server via
SOAP ?
I mean I want to get data from a server in real time, so I thought I
could do SOAP requests in a java thread continuously. The client may
be behind a firewall, so I use SOAP. What is your suggestion for the
waiting time within the thread until the next request ?

Thanks.

Tristan.

Mike

(e-mail address removed) (Tristan) wrote in message
I'm assuming that a client wan't to find out if a server has data
available, and you're thinking that the client can keep asking the
server at a certain interval.

Is it possible to open a stream to the server and read from it? The
server would have the option not to answer the read request just
immediately until either too much time goes by (returning NOT_YET or
something) or something becomes available and writes it to the stream.

Similar to chat systems.