Soaptoolkit 3.0 problem after installing IE 7

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by wojciech.gapinski@gmail.com, Feb 14, 2007.

    I have created application in VS 6, completely written in C++ which
    uses Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0 to interoperate with C# .NET web
    services. Application works as a windows service and on a given time
    connects to the web services. I've already deployed this software on
    my customer's computers.
    Problem occurred after installing the newest IE 7 on each client
    Microsoft Windows XP (comes with and Windows Update)

    Since then my application lost connection with web services. This is
    the error that occurs in application event log:

    Soap error: XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason
    is: System error: -2146697191.
    Soap error: Loading of the WSDL file failed.
    Soap error: One of the parameters supplied is invalid..

    In the other hand, when I stop the application so it no longer works
    as windows service but as a local user (administrator or domain user)
    everything is OK.

    I my opinion LOCAL SERVICE have no rights to use XML parser after
    installing IE 7. Please help.

    Wojtek
    , Feb 14, 2007

    On 14 Lut, 09:45, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have created application in VS 6, completely written in C++ which
    > uses Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0 to interoperate with C# .NET web
    > services. Application works as a windows service and on a given time
    > connects to the web services. I've already deployed this software on
    > my customer's computers.
    > Problem occurred after installing the newest IE 7 on each client
    > Microsoft Windows XP (comes with and Windows Update)
    >
    > Since then my application lost connection with web services. This is
    > the error that occurs in application event log:
    >
    > Soap error: XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason
    > is: System error: -2146697191.
    > Soap error: Loading of the WSDL file failed.
    > Soap error: One of the parameters supplied is invalid..
    >
    > In the other hand, when I stop the application so it no longer works
    > as windows service but as a local user (administrator or domain user)
    > everything is OK.
    >
    > I my opinion LOCAL SERVICE have no rights to use XML parser after
    > installing IE 7. Please help.
    >
    > Wojtek

    Hi,
    After almost three weeks of error - trial search method, we've found
    it! It appears that IE 7 is not reverse compatible.... after
    installing one registry key is missing, that is way applications which
    use MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 and work as windows service on local account
    stop connecting with HTTPS pages / web services.

    The missing key:
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Internet Settings] "CertificateRevocation"=dword:00000000

    The solution was found by one of our best architects:
    , Mar 2, 2007