SOCI 2.2.0 - The C++ Database Access Library

Maciej Sobczak

I'm pleased to announce that the new version (2.2.0) of the SOCI library
is available for download:

http://soci.sourceforge.net/

This new version provides:

1. Two new backends:
- ODBC (tested with MS SQL Server)
- Firebird

2. Complete build system for both Unix/Linux (autotools) and Windows
(solution files for MSVC++).

3. STL-compatible iterators:

Rowset<string> rs = (sql.prepare << "select name from persons");
copy(rs.begin(), rs.end(), ostream_iterator<string>(cout, "\n"));

4. Stream-like interface for easier dynamic binding and field extraction
from rows:

Row r;
sql << "select name, age, salary from persons where ...", into(r);

string name;
int age, salary;
r >> name >> age >> salary;

5. The comprehensive set of common tests for all supported database servers.

6. Some performance improvements for PostgreSQL.

7. Better docs.

8. Various fixes and tweaks.

Your comments, feedback and all other input are highly welcome.

Programming : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/

Carlos Moreno

Maciej said:
6. Some performance improvements for PostgreSQL.

I wonder: what do you use internally for this? Do you use
the C API? Libpq++? Libpqxx?

Carlos