    what's the best xml editor for linux available for free/open-source?
    can anyone recommend?
    thanks.
    unclebob, Oct 8, 2011

  2. El 09/10/2011 0:22, unclebob escribió:
    > goog noon,
    > what's the best xml editor for linux available for free/open-source?
    > can anyone recommend?
    > thanks.

    My editor of choice is XXE: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

    Not exactly a free product, but there is a free "personal edition" for
    personal and/or open source software development.

    --
    Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado
    Manuel Collado, Oct 9, 2011

  3. unclebob

    Peter Flynn Guest

    On 08/10/11 23:22, unclebob wrote:
    > goog noon,
    > what's the best xml editor for linux available for free/open-source?

    It depends what kind of documents you typically deal with, and what kind
    of editor you feel comfortable with. Personally, I use Emacs with
    psgml-mode, xxml-mode, and xslide-mode, but I typically deal with very
    large, heavily-encoded text documents, broken documents, and documents
    in development (as well as XSLT). YMMV.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Oct 9, 2011
  4. unclebob

    Sven P Guest

    Manuel Collado wrote:

    > My editor of choice is XXE: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/
    >
    > Not exactly a free product, but there is a free "personal edition" for
    > personal and/or open source software development.

    I installed the free version of XmlMind about year ago. Not very
    convincing. There's nothing you can do with it, in terms of XML editing,
    validating, XSL conversions or anything.

    You can do the same XML things for instance with Notepad or better with
    syntax coloring Notepad++ that the free version of XmlMind offers.

    XmlMind Free is still on my computer. But now it is stored in
    "\NotUseful" sub folder. That way I remember not to load it again. As
    these XmlMind advertizements seem to keep popping up in this newsgroup
    constantly.
    SP
    Sven P, Oct 10, 2011
  5. On 10/8/2011 6:22 PM, unclebob wrote:
    > what's the best xml editor for linux available for free/open-source?

    That depends in large part on what kind of document you're trying to
    edit and how you want to think about it. It could be anything from
    syntax-assisted text editing to schema-directed forms to entering
    everything into a data structure or database and generating the XML from
    that.

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Oct 11, 2011
  6. unclebob

    mikem789

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    I would suggest you look at XML Copy Editor which is pretty fast, full ist here, free xml editor. :yell:
    mikem789, Oct 13, 2011