Specify Application.dll

Thom Little

In ASP.NET 1.1 I could control the name of the application. It had a
namespace and created a single DLL of the form namespace.dll.

This allowed me to easily install multiple applications in the same webspace
with no naming conflicts.

How can I introduce the application name the same way in ASP.NET 2.0 to
allow me to have two pre-compiled applications in the same webspace. In
essence, how can I control the name assigned by the ASP.NET 2.0 publish
operation?

Is there an article on the subject that you would recommend?

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

if you use Visual Studio 2005, you have a few options.

If you work with the default web site model, see Web Deployment Projects
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/

If you want project model which is similar to the one in VS2003 (referencing
in the web projects works as in VS2003 plus a few other things, real
compilation step in IDE, prodices single dll), see Web Application project:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/
http://webproject.scottgu.com

Thom Little

This is not close to what I needed. This is EXACTLY what I needed.

This issue is THE single reason I have not migrated websites from 1.1 to
2.0.

Thank you.