specify specific IP when using web service

Amil

I have a vendor that only allows their web service to be used whitelist IP
addresses. We currently have a system with two IPs, call them X (the
computer default) and Y the one on the vendor whitelist.

How can I access their web service (via a C# program) so that my program is
running via the local IP address Y?

I can't give them the default IP address for security reasons.

Amil

Mujtaba Syed

Amil:

I can think of this-
You could make your server a multihomed host - that is, it has 2 network
connections and hence 2 IP addresses
But, if you don't want the vendor to have any IP of your server, you could
use a HTTP proxy in between. The vendor will get the IP of the proxy.

Tell me how it works out.
Mujtaba.

You could make your server a multihomed host

Amil

This isn't helpful. I already have two IPs on the computer. I need to know
how to fire up an application that simply instantiates a wsdl object
(created by wsdl.exe) and somehow make it use a secondary IP address.

Help.

Amil

Mujtaba Syed

Amil:
This isn't helpful. I already have two IPs on the computer. I need to know
how to fire up an application that simply instantiates a wsdl object
(created by wsdl.exe) and somehow make it use a secondary IP address.

If the purpose is just to hide your public IP from the web service you are
consuming, you could have an HTTP proxy between yourself and the web
service.
There may be other solutions. Also, try converting this question to a
non-web-service question and post it on a Windows server group. Maybe you
will get good some answers (IP masquerade, etc...)

Thanks,
Mujtaba.

Dan Rogers

The IP address that the listener lives on is a function of IIS - not your
code. Try changing the settings for the SITE in IIS to use the IP you
desire.

Regards
Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation