specifying codebase in .java.policy does not work?

Nagesh

hi,

I self signed a jar . The jar contains code which requires
read,write,execute file permission. Even after I signed also, it gives
me the security exception. I do not understand whether self signed
applet will get file permission or not?. If yes what is the way to
sign(does it require any special arguent to pass to either keytool or
jarsigner). I used keytool to create keystore. And I signed using
jarsigner.

As I could not succede by self signing, then i prompted the users to
add the policy file entries in .java.policy file. After adding the
contents it started of working. But the policy file entry I gave does
not have the code base . I tried adding the codebase then again it is
giving problem. I want to know how jvm processes the "codebase
attribute" of "permission entry" in .java.policy file.

I tried adding the following code in .java.policy file.

grant codebase "http://www.exaplesite.com/~nagesh/*" {
permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\\-", "read, write,
execute";
}

And i visted the url as http://www.exaplesite.com/~nagesh/s1.php

Please give me any suggestions?