sporadic db connection error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    i have an asp.net application which has got sql server 2000 behind the
    scenes.
    Very simple application, all it does is extract the data from the databse
    and display it in the grid. But randomly when i access my website in
    productin ,i get this error mentioned below but when it hit on refresh the
    website comesup. My website is hosted with godady and they told me that they
    jsut can not replciate the error on there side and which they are right, as
    it is really sporadic. Does any body have any idea out there as to what might
    he happening here. Seems it is happening when my object PRODUCTDB call the
    method GetMostPopularProductsOfWeek() which has an executereader menthod
    which get the data from the database. Any suggestion is more than welcome.

    thanks

    Server Error in '/' Application

    General network error. Check your network documentation.

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network
    error. Check your network documentation.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
    cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    +45
    IBuySpy.IBuySpy.ProductsDB.GetMostPopularProductsOfWeek()
    IBuySpy.CDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Jul 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    its just a standard network error. you should catch and retry.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jul 1, 2005

  3. thanks Bruce, i will try that, but the question is why does it happen on the
    first place.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Jul 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    networks are not always reliable. ask you isp why you are getting network
    errors. what is your service level agreement? (a couple hundred a day may
    be normal for them). they may be getting broadcast storms, or doing dynamic
    reconfiguration.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jul 1, 2005