    fluke)?

    Thanks!
    James
    James, Jan 3, 2005

  2. James wrote:
    > We've recently rebuilt our entire website with a normalized database
    > structure (previous structure was horrific). The structure is great
    > now, but we also recoded approximately 5000 ASP pages. Site went up
    > today with minimal difficulty (probably 10 minor problems). Then, at
    > about 4pm, the entire web server locked up and we weren't able to
    > access it. I couldn't get into it via remote desktop, explorer or
    > any other means and the site locked up entirely. Any idea what could
    > be causing this (outside of a fluke)?

    I don't know why you would expect us to have a clue about this, aside from
    being pretty certain that your database design is totally irrelevant to this
    issue.

    Check your Event Viewer.
    Check your IIS logs.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 3, 2005

  3. James

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Much more information will be needed. It may not even have anything to do
    with ASP. Could you log onto the physical console on the server or did you
    have to power-cycle the system to get it back?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 3, 2005