SQL Server w/ASP Front-End

James

We've recently rebuilt our entire website with a normalized database
structure (previous structure was horrific). The structure is great now,
but we also recoded approximately 5000 ASP pages. Site went up today with
minimal difficulty (probably 10 minor problems). Then, at about 4pm, the
entire web server locked up and we weren't able to access it. I couldn't
get into it via remote desktop, explorer or any other means and the site
locked up entirely. Any idea what could be causing this (outside of a
fluke)?

Thanks!
James

Bob Barrows [MVP]

James said:
We've recently rebuilt our entire website with a normalized database
structure (previous structure was horrific). The structure is great
now, but we also recoded approximately 5000 ASP pages. Site went up
today with minimal difficulty (probably 10 minor problems). Then, at
about 4pm, the entire web server locked up and we weren't able to
access it. I couldn't get into it via remote desktop, explorer or
any other means and the site locked up entirely. Any idea what could
be causing this (outside of a fluke)?

I don't know why you would expect us to have a clue about this, aside from
being pretty certain that your database design is totally irrelevant to this
issue.

Check your Event Viewer.
Check your IIS logs.

Bob Barrows

Mark Schupp

Much more information will be needed. It may not even have anything to do
with ASP. Could you log onto the physical console on the server or did you
have to power-cycle the system to get it back?