SSI hell

AKsteve

Hey,
Anyone know anything about SSI.

I am going in circles here!

I put a .htaccess file on my server. It says:
AddType text/html .shtml .html
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

I put some includes in a directory called "includes"
I gave them .shtml extensions.

I included tags onto some pages:
<!--#include virtual="/includes/filename.html" -->

When tested, the includes show up fine but once I click onto another page
the includes are gone!

I have changed the include tags and file names to:
<!--#include virtual="/includes/filename.shtml" -->
just to see if it make a difference, but it doesn't.

My server allows SSI.

Any ideas?

Steve

Leif K-Brooks

AKsteve said:
I put some includes in a directory called "includes"
I gave them .shtml extensions.

I included tags onto some pages:
<!--#include virtual="/includes/filename.html" -->

When tested, the includes show up fine but once I click onto another page
the includes are gone!

Did those other pages have the <!--#include...--> on them too?

AKsteve

Yup, everything has the include tag on them.
When I test the pages individually they all work. But when I link over to
another page I am having problems.

It's driving me nuts!

Toby A Inkster

AKsteve said:
I put some includes in a directory called "includes"
I gave them .shtml extensions.

I included tags onto some pages:
<!--#include virtual="/includes/filename.html" -->
^
Get rid of the extra slash.

Leif K-Brooks

AKsteve said:
Yup, everything has the include tag on them.
When I test the pages individually they all work. But when I link over to
another page I am having problems.

Could be your cache. URL?