    9k, the odd page has 1 gif taking up 1k. I didn't expect ssl to have that
    large of a performance hit (not sure if the hit is on the server or mobile
    side). What kinds of things can I do to speed things up?

    Jeremy Chapman, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Hi,

    i would suggest, using an newer windows.

    what processor, ram does your server have?

    ssl use more processor time, but you should not really feel it, if you
    have an processor that is fast enough.

    cheers,
    christoph

    On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:09:45 -0700, "Jeremy Chapman"
    <> wrote:

    >I have built an app and set it iis (iis 5, win 2k) to be able to run http or
    >https. I have found that SSL (when I use my iPAQ pocket pc 2003) takes
    >about 4 times longer to load each page. Pages range in size between 2k and
    >9k, the odd page has 1 gif taking up 1k. I didn't expect ssl to have that
    >large of a performance hit (not sure if the hit is on the server or mobile
    >side). What kinds of things can I do to speed things up?

    Cheers,
    Christoph

    Vienna/Austria

    http://www.code4ward.net/cs2/blogs/cmn

    Christoph Richter [AT], Jun 26, 2006

  3. The server we're using for testing is an antique. A celeron 600mhz with
    384mb ram and a 6 gig hd! It's running win2k and sql server 2k. I like
    testing with these type of machines, it I can get it to run well on that
    it'll run well on anything.

    After more investigation, I think the SSL performance hit is on the mobile
    though, because when I browse to the app from my desktop machine It's not
    nearly as slow.

    Jeremy Chapman, Jun 27, 2006