stable xgawk release xgawk-3.1.6

Discussion in 'XML' started by Jürgen Kahrs, Dec 29, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    we have released xgawk-3.1.6.20080101, an extension of
    Arnold Robbins' GAWK 3.1.6. The reason for posting this
    announcement here is that this implementation of the
    AWK language allows you to process XML files efficiently.

    http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlgawk/
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133165

    Notice that this is not a beta release anymore but
    a production stable release. See the release notes
    for more details.

    http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/xmlgawk.html#Preface

    Any users interested in xgawk may join our mailing list.

    Problem reports are supposed to go to .

    Thanks to all users for reporting details about their
    domain of application.
    Thanks to all developers (including Arnold) for their
    contributions to code and documentation.

    And finally, I wish all of you a Happy New Year 2008.

    Jürgen Kahrs, Dec 29, 2007