stable xgawk release xgawk-3.1.6

Jürgen Kahrs

Hello,

we have released xgawk-3.1.6.20080101, an extension of
Arnold Robbins' GAWK 3.1.6. The reason for posting this
announcement here is that this implementation of the
AWK language allows you to process XML files efficiently.

http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlgawk/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133165

Notice that this is not a beta release anymore but
a production stable release. See the release notes
for more details.

http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/xmlgawk.html#Preface

Any users interested in xgawk may join our mailing list.

Problem reports are supposed to go to (e-mail address removed).

Thanks to all users for reporting details about their
domain of application.
Thanks to all developers (including Arnold) for their
contributions to code and documentation.

And finally, I wish all of you a Happy New Year 2008.