StackOverflowException in .NET Runtimes

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Qy5EaW1pdHJvdg==?=, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    We have this on a production server same as test server running
    Windows 2003 Standard SP1 with .NET SP1 installed.
    and the same application on the production server return this, when loading
    in event log:

    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
    found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
    message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
    to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
    Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET
    Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- w3wp.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging
    Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

    Process id=0x13c4 (5060), Thread id=0x11c4 (4548).

    Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application..

    Then I run cordbg and I got this:
    [thread 0x14ec] Unhandled exception generated: (0x1c2d007c)
    <System.StackOverflo
    wException>
    _className=<null>
    _exceptionMethod=<null>
    _exceptionMethodString=<null>
    _message=<null>
    _innerException=<null>
    _helpURL=<null>
    _stackTrace=<null>
    _stackTraceString=<null>
    _remoteStackTraceString=<null>
    _remoteStackIndex=0x00000000
    _HResult=0x800703e9
    _source=<null>
    _xptrs=0x00000000
    _xcode=0xe0434f4d

    [007d] lea edx,[esi+4]

    I checked all the settings but all seems to be the same, any clue what can be?

    Thanks & Regards,
    C.Dimitrov

    =?Utf-8?B?Qy5EaW1pdHJvdg==?=, Jul 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qy5EaW1pdHJvdg==?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    Sounds like an infinite loop. Get the call stack to help diagnose.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Jul 25, 2005