Standard regexps module?

bill

After searching CPAN for a while, I was not able to find a Perl
module consisting of "standard" regular expressions (e.g. the
"standard" regular expression to match an internet IP address, or
a "number", or a "Perl identifier", etc.). I realize that in some
cases it is pretty easy to come up with the regexp oneself, but
this kind of code seems like a trivially good candidate for re-use.

Pointers to the right CPAN module would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

bill

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

bill said:
After searching CPAN for a while, I was not able to find a Perl
module consisting of "standard" regular expressions (e.g. the
"standard" regular expression to match an internet IP address, or
a "number", or a "Perl identifier", etc.). I realize that in some
cases it is pretty easy to come up with the regexp oneself, but
this kind of code seems like a trivially good candidate for re-use.

Pointers to the right CPAN module would be much appreciated.

You seem to looking for Regexp::Common.