Standard way to accomplish production / development switch

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kellygreer1, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. kellygreer1

    kellygreer1 Guest

    Hi group,

    If I have written some web services with about 20 methods. Each one of
    these methods uses a standard dev database connection. As I move this
    Web Service to production, I would like to offer the ability for
    clients to hit the production or development databases. I'd like the
    client to be able to pass this extra info so it could decide which
    connection to use.

    Is there a way to do this without adding a variable to each one of the
    20 methods?

    I guess there are a number of approaches... but none of the thoughts I
    had seem standard or WS* standard. I need something that would also
    work well with non-Microsoft SOAP clients also.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks in advance,
    Kelly Greer

    replace nospam with yahoo

    kellygreer1, Sep 27, 2006

  2. use two urls for the webservice.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 27, 2006