starter question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ccd, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. ccd

    ccd Guest

    i am new to asp.net and just starting out with WebMatrix
    guided tour tutorial from ASP.NET. I managed to create the
    myfirstpage.aspx (Label, text, calendar, button) and ran
    it with webmatrix server smoothly.

    However when I tried to create and use the IIS Virtual
    Root (under Start Web Application), the browser only
    showed the Label part. It also showed an exclamation mark
    (error sign). I even copied the myfirstpage.aspx file to
    the default web folder (\Inetpub\wwwroot) but to no avail.

    What did I do wrong?

    I did install everything, right:
    IIS
    the .NEt framework
    webmatrix
    sql2kdesksp3.exe
    and mdac 2.7

    The system runs on Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and it has its own
    static IP.

    I tried the iis ftp and web using regular html and it
    works fine... but not the myfirstpage.aspx.

    HElppppp.
    ccd, Aug 19, 2003