State Server memory problems

Guest

Hi,

I'm running asp.net 1.1 in a clustered environment and using StateServer
session mode. I am continually seeing the aspnet state server eat up more
and more memory, causing my .NET apps to crash.. This happens until i
restart the State Service whereupon the crash process starts again.

Has anyone seen behavior like this before and been able to fix it?

Thanks!

bruce barker

you State server has to keep all session data for all servers in memory.
switch to the sqlserver version, its just as fast, and does not have this
issue.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)