    Can someone tell me how to do this? I would also like to edit the registry
    if i can.

    Thanx

    Nathan Henderson, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Nathan Henderson

    Ray at Guest

    Your IUSR account would need elevated permissions to start and stop
    services, which is typically ill-advised. Give your IUSR account admin
    rights on your server, see if that works. If it does, your code is fine.
    At that point, I would remove the IUSR account from that group and either
    create a new "iusr" account just for this page, use authentication instead
    of anonymous access for that page, or use a group policy to give the IUSR
    rights to start and stop services without the need for being an
    administrator.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 27, 2004