    I'm playing with an idea where I have six vids showing at one time and
    they all want to play at the same time. Which, of course, plays hell
    with the audio.

    richard, Oct 17, 2008

  2. richard

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 17, 3:00 am, richard <> wrote:
    > Is there any way in the parameter or object items to tell a youtube
    > video not to begin automatically?
    > That is, the user must click the play button to start it.
    >
    > Something like autostart=0?
    >
    > I'm playing with an idea where I have six vids showing at one time and
    > they all want to play at the same time. Which, of course, plays hell
    > with the audio.

    In addition, autostarting of several videos is likely to make a page
    slow loading.

    I made a demo page which I posted here, perhaps in answer to one of
    your questions in the past. Yes, you can control autostarting, size,
    have a volume control, etc for a link to a YT video. If properly
    written, the code will work on most recent browsers including Firefox,
    IE, Opera, etc.

    See http://www.cwdjr.net/video4/testYT.html and view the source code.

    cwdjrxyz, Oct 17, 2008

  3. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > See http://www.cwdjr.net/video4/testYT.html and view the source code.

    Strangely fascinating. Keep this as a memory for when the oil runs
    out...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 17, 2008