Store Item Template with Project

CMM

Is there a way to create an "item template" (File | Export Template) where
it is only available to the current project? I mean, a lot of the time (most
of the time I would say) "item templates" only make sense in the project
they were created in... and not have them pollute the generic "Add New Item"
dialog box for projects where they make no sense.

Carlos J. Quintero [VB MVP]

AFAIK no. What I do sometimes is to create a small add-in that adds a new
"Add" \ "My ProjectItem" menu, and I could even enable or disable that menu
based on the current project name or kind.

--

Best regards,

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio
You can code, design and document much faster:
http://www.mztools.com

CMM

What I've been doing is simply keeping a "template" page in my asp.net
project and copying and pasting it and then renaming it.... but, the painful
thing is that refactoring in asp.net is totally broken. Renaming a an aspx
file doesn't rename anything else.... and right-click/rename the code-behind
class, doesn't rename the the "inherits" value in the aspx file.

You can get everything to work in a just a few seconds.... but, it's not as
nice and clean as just doing "Add New Item"

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com