strange error during stress test (asp.net compilation-problem???)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by f0zzyNUE@googlemail.com, May 11, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hi everyone,

    currently we are testing the performance our application (asp.net
    based CMS) ... for that reason we wrote a "spider" that starts
    webrequests for all relevant pages which results in filling the
    pageoutputcache on server side.

    so far so good. if we start one spider at once our application works
    fine, but if we run more than one spider tool at the same time the
    asp.net process works for a few minutes returning correct http output.
    but suddenly (about 2-4 minutes after the spiders are started) stops
    working correctly as only server errors are returned.
    to bring the application back to a correct state we have to restart
    the whole asp.net application.

    the exception that is thrown is an IndexOutOfRangeException. but it
    doesnot seem to happen within our code, but before: during the page
    compilation (see the stacktrace below from the eventlog-entry)

    our script is called desktopdefault.aspx.

    Eventlog-entry of the error:
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: Web Event
    Event ID: 1309
    Date: 10.05.2007
    Time: 17:29:51
    User: N/A
    Computer: QS2
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 10.05.2007 17:29:51
    Event time (UTC): 10.05.2007 15:29:51
    Event ID: 455397a4eb014ebe806b633e87b7e670
    Event sequence: 799
    Event occurrence: 389
    Event detail code: 0

    Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1401838085/
    Root-1-128232843961175348
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: D:\codebase\
    Machine name: QS2

    Process information:
    Process ID: 2836
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    Exception information:
    Exception type: IndexOutOfRangeException
    Exception message: Der Index war au├čerhalb des Arraybereichs.

    Request information:
    Request URL: http://192.168.10.13/desktopdefault.aspx
    Request path: /desktopdefault.aspx
    User host address: 192.168.10.42
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    Thread information:
    Thread ID: 7
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.Add(Object value)
    at DesktopDefault..ctor() in C:\build\src
    \DesktopDefault.aspx.vb:line 0
    at ASP.desktopdefault_aspx..ctor()
    at
    __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_weim_8ax.Create_ASP_desktopdefault_aspx()
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.CreateInstance()
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
    allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext
    context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
    physicalPath)
    at
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
    context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
    physicalPath)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
    useAppConfig)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    any ideas what goes wrong and what we could do to avoid this error ???

    thanx in advance
    CHris
    , May 11, 2007

  2. bruce barker Guest

    the error is in the constructor of the page. asp.net is trying to create
    an instance of the page, and the class constructor is thowing an error.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 11, 2007

    On 11 Mai, 17:35, bruce barker <> wrote:
    > the error is in the constructor of the page. asp.net is trying to create
    > an instance of the page, and the class constructor is thowing an error.

    the thing is: the script desktopdefault.aspx or the codebehind is
    inherited from system.web.ui.page and no implicit constructor is
    implemented by us. therefore i am unable to dig into the cause of the
    error which persists after the first occurance ...

    any other ideas ?
    , May 11, 2007