Struts 1 or Struts 2

Duke

Hi
I am new to struts willing to learn.
its said that struts1 and struts2 are different,
So what should i learn its struts1 or struts2.

Thank
Duke

Arne Vajhøj

Duke said:
I am new to struts willing to learn.
its said that struts1 and struts2 are different,
So what should i learn its struts1 or struts2.

Neither. Learn JSF.

:)

Maybe you should learn Struts 1 to be able to maintain
some of the millions and millions of lines of Struts
code that are out there.

But if it is for new stuff, then you should learn JSF.
It is my clear impression that JSF is much more used
for new stuff than Struts 2.

Arne

Andy Dingley

I am new to struts willing to learn.

Read the introductory chapter of a book on Struts 1, so as to
understand _WHY_ we want to add this extra layer of complexity and
don't just write everything as Scriptlets in JSP. Make sure your
understanding of design patterns and MVC is reasonably good.

Then learn JSF. That's where the new code is going.